RECIPE: Pumpkin Spice Creamer
The time has come for PUMPKIN everything!
Here's my twist on a homemade pumpkin creamer. While it may not be the HEALTHIEST creamer - you can be sure it will be delicious, and better for you than anything you might find in the store.
PUMPKIN SPICE CREAMER RECIPE
4 tablespoons unsweetened pumpkin puree (I make mine homemade, but you can buy it canned- just make sure it's not sweetened)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more!)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup heavy cream (or you can use coconut cream)
- 1/2 cup milk (you can use evaporated milk, 2% milk or coconut milk too!)
2 tbsp liqueur (grand marnier, brandy etc)
- Combine all ingredients over medium heat and let them come to a simmer/light boil and whisk until thick
- Let cool & store in the fridge in a mason jar
- Add to any coffee, hot cider or fall beverage!
- ***Please note this creamer tends to be a little thicker than others, as it has a good amount of pumpkin puree. Especially once you refrigerate it- prepare to stir it when you take it out of the fridge, and before pouring into your coffee. If you put it into your coffee WITHOUT blending it in a blender, prepare to stir a bit longer until it dissolves.